The following trials are ongoing in the division of Rheumatology and Immunology:
Principal Investigator- Stacy Ardoin, MD
- “A Phase IIa, Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study to Evaluate the Safety, Tolerability and Clinical Effect of Laquinimod in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Patients with Active Lupus Arthritis”.
- “Assessment of Transition Readiness”-Study to Assess how Teenagers and Young Adults Make the Change from Pediatric Doctors and Health Care Providers to Adult Doctors and Health Care Providers.
Investigator Initiated Trial being conducted at Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- “Measure of Lupus Nephritis Activity & Damage for Children”-A Multi-Site Study to Assess the Construct and Discriminant Validity of Current Measures of Lupus Nephritis Activity in Childhood Lupus.
Sponsor: Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center/NIH, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. Study being conducted at Nationwide Children’s Hospital.
If you would like to participate in one of Dr. Ardoin’s clinical trials please contact: Amanda Kibler (614) 366-4982
Principal Investigator- Kevin Hackshaw, MD
- A Phase 2, Double Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Proof of Concept, Dose Finding Study of Intraarticular Bone Morphogenetic Protein (BMP-7) in Subjects with Osteoarthritis (OA) of the Knee.
Sponsor: Stryker Biotech, LLC
- A multi-center, randomized, double-blind, parallel group study of the safety, disease remission and prevention of structural joint damage during treatment with tocilizumab (TCZ), as a monotherapy and in combination with methotrexate (MTX), versus methotrexate in patients with early, moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis.
Sponsor: F Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Prospective Randomized Evaluation of Celecoxib Integrated Safety vs Ibuprofen Or Naproxen/A Randomized, Double Blind, Parallel-Group Study of Cardiovascular Safety in Osteoarthritis or Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients with or at High Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Comparing Celecoxib with Naproxen and Ibuprofen.
Sponsor: Cleveland Clinic and Pfizer
- A Multi-Center, Continuation Trial of Belimunab (HGS1006, Lymphostat-B), a Fully Human Monoclonal Anti-BLyS Antibody, in Subjects with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) who Completed the phase 3 Protocol HGS1006-C1056 in the United States.
Sponsor: Human Genome Sciences, INC.
If you would like to participate in one of Dr. Hackshaw's clinical trials please contact:
Francesca Madiai (614) 293-4790
Principal Investigator- Wael Jarjour, MD
- “A Phase 3, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Multicenter Study of the Efficacy and Safety of Four 12-Week Treatment Cycles (48 Weeks Total) of Epratuzumab in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Subjects with Moderate to Severe Disease (Embody 1)”
- “Estrogen Effects in Autoimmunity” -To Learn More About the Effects of Estrogen on the Immune Response of the Body by Studying the White Blood Cells From Blood Collected From Healthy and Lupus Patient Volunteer Blood Donation.
Investigator Initiated Trial
- “Impact of Fragmentation of Care in Lupus”- A Preliminary Study To identify the Risks Associated with Fragmentation of Care in SLE (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus) Patients.
Investigator Initiated Trial
If you would like to participate in one of Dr. Jarjour’s clinical trials please contact: AmandaKibler (614) 366-4982